We’re serious about promoting a healthy, active lifestyle in our CantaMia at Estrella y Encore en Folde comunidades. From yoga and tennis to biking and swimming, we know our homeowners are happier and healthier when they are moving. Cooking for yourself is another way to create a healthier lifestyle. You can control the ingredients, portions and preparation methods when you make your own meals at home.
Here are 10 ways you can be a healthier and happier cook in your VIVIENDAS AV cocina:
- Become an educated eater. Make an effort to learn how to cook and eat healthy. Brush up on healthy foods and recipes. Learn how to plan and create your own healthy meals.
- Be mindful. Make conscious food choices. Pay attention to what – and how – you’re eating. Prepare your food. Taste it. Savor it. Enjoy it.
- Keep it simple. Delicioso, healthy meals don’t require you to be a world-class chef. Keep your ingredients and cooking techniques simple.
- Learn various cooking techniques. Experiment with stir-fry. Roast vegetables on a sheet pan. Try packets made from parchment or aluminum foil. Even if you’re having salmon every day, you can prepare it differently each time!
- Make your kitchen fun and functional.Organize your pantry so you can find things easily. Keep fresh fruits and veggies on the counter where they’re accessible. Play music when you’re cooking. Clean up when you’re done.
- Plan meals ahead of time.Wash, cut and peel fruits and veggies for snacks and meals. Batch cook grains, like rice and quinoa. Portion out snacks like nuts and berries. These shortcuts help make sure you eat healthier.
- Make it easier whenever you can.Buy bagged and shredded cabbage and carrots, and pre-chopped greens. Use frozen bags of vegetables (peas, corn, pearl onions) in soups and stews. Keep canned beans on hand to throw into dishes.
- Focus on flavor. It’s easier to eat healthy if food tastes good. Flavor your foods with herbs, spices or citrus. Add vegetable or chicken stock to grain dishes. Make your own vinaigrettes for salads, grains or veggie dishes.
- Eat more fruits and veggies.Aim for 4 a 13 servings a day, in a range of colors. Add them to soups, stews, omelets, pasta, rice, sauces, etc.
- Eat less meat. And when you do eat meat, make sure it’s lean. Eat small servings, and make sure the majority of your plate is veggies and whole grains.
With tips like these, you’re sure to master healthier living in your home at CantaMia or Encore!