In 1899, the Richard Green Skinner family relocated to Jacksonville. With the purchase of 16,000 acres, the family settled at “Old Still”–located at today’s Baymeadows Road just east of Highway 9A.
In 1910, Skinner Brothers Realty was founded and began selling portions of their land including the land required to allow the construction of two of Jacksonville’s key arteries–Philips Highway and J. Turner Butler Boulevard.
Through the years, the original Skinner land holdings have been sold with a keen sensitivity to end-uses that hold the great benefits to area citizens, including St. Johns Town Center as well as entertainment centers, corporate headquarters, healthcare services, and numerous residential communities.
In stewardship that shines across a century, the Skinner legacy lives today in so much of what makes Jacksonville great.