If you have done your research on the best places to retire in America , you know that the Raleigh/Durham area is always top of the list. Ranking #1 on both CNN Money and Huffington Post’s 10 Best Places to Retire lists, Raleigh may truly be the best place to retire in America. Here’s why.
- Raleigh has a beautiful, lush landscape. Known as the “City of Oaks” for the lush oak trees that line the streets of the city. With a name like that you can only imagine how beautiful the city is.
- The low cost of living. Raleigh’s cost of living index is at 93, which is lower than the national average of 100, according in CNN Money.
- No tax on Social Security benefits. With tax relief for retirees, you will have more money in your pocket to enjoy all that the city of Raleigh has to offer.
- Lively culture and attractions at your finger-tips. The Raleigh-Durham area is filled with art galleries, parks, theatres, amphitheaters, historic museums, and more.
- The beautiful summers in Raleigh. The average high temperature in the summer is 90 degrees, which is just warm enough to enjoy the summer months, but rarely reaching into the terrible triple digits.
- The beautiful winters in Raleigh. With just a few snow days in the winter, Raleigh residents are able to enjoy a winter wonderland a few days a year, but shoveling show from the car is certainly not routine.
- Plenty of outdoor activities. With state parks, river trails, an arboretum, and gardens, there are numerous opportunities for you to stay active and enjoy the beautiful weather year round!
- Named Top 10 Tastiest Towns in the South by Southern Living. The Raleigh/Durham area has a long list of award winning restaurants to try!
- Lifelong learning opportunities. North Carolina State University offers lifelong enrichment courses, study trips and special events for adults over 50 years old, so you can never stop learning!
- The growing number of 55-Plus residents. Over the last ten years the 55-Plus population has grown tremendously, so you will feel right at home and have opportunities to gain new friendships and new experiences in Raleigh.
Want to experience all that Raleigh has to offer and see what your retirement could be like? Come visit us and see the community for yourself! We know you will love the city and all that Creekside at Bethpage has to offer.